STAR CONTROL PRODUCT OVERVIEW
Star Control Device Management is a secure platform that provides visibility and allows management of your entire network of Android-powered tablets and kiosks from anywhere around the world. Star Control Device Management solution allows you to manage or remove the apps installed on devices, deploy content, monitor or configure the settings, and set up devices to reduce operating cost. Simply push your apps and responsive websites via the Star Control MDM Device Management Platform.
Remotely turn selected device(s) into kiosk mode by locking down apps, web pages, videos, or photos.
Create your own content delivery on photos and video slideshows.
Add remote firmware update schedules on selected devices.
Manage Connected Device
Adjust device volumes, install or uninstall applications, change passwords, and view screen capture records.
Manage System and APK Files
Update files for STAROS and remove or upload APK files stored in cloud.
Create or delete users, edit user details, or view status of users.
Remotely initiate reboot or set startup and shutdown schedules on devices.
ACCESSING THE APP
Creating a New Account
When creating a new account and the email address has been used to register for an account before, you’ll be prompted to enter a new email address.
3. Enter the required details to create an account.
Title and Name of contact person
Area code and Contact phone
4. Select Sign up. An email confirmation will be sent to your email address.
5. Wait for the Star Control admin’s approval or check with your product manager to confirm your account.
6. Click on the confirmation email link to activate your account.
Logging into an Account
To log into the app, follow these steps:
1. Go to https://www.thestarcontrol.com/2/.
2. From the login page, enter your Email Address, Password, and the CAPTCHA code.
3. Select Sign In. The Dashboard is displayed.
NAVIGATING THE APP
Using the Navigation Bar
The Navigation Bar is where you can access Notifications, FAQs, Profile, and the Sidebar tabs.
• Sidebar – allows you to access the main features and functions
• Notification – displays all notifications
• FAQ – provides troubleshooting tips or answers to frequently asked questions
• Profile – allows you to edit your profile information, view your activities, change password, or restrict login requests
Viewing Action Progress
The Action progress pop-up window that can be accessed from the lower-right corner of the screen provides status of the Star Control tasks you’ve recently performed and implemented.
Accessing the Sidebar
Use the Sidebar to access the different functions and features of the app.
To access the sidebar from the dashboard, select the Star Control menu from the top-left of the header. To close the sidebar, click X.
Overview – view the dashboard to get a quick view of the device status.
Devices – register devices or manage connected devices.
Broadcast – create content to display on device or a setting bundle.
Library – view or upload media files, APK files, or firmware updates.
Super user – add staff account; assign device and permissions to manage the device.
Extensions – view plug-ins that are compatible with STAR CONTROL and STAROS.
VIEWING THE DASHBOARD
The Dashboard provides you with a quick view of the current status of your devices, device activities, license status, network connections, cloud storage space, and system notifications.
Using the dashboard, click on the quick links to perform the following tasks:
• See all licenses – view the purchased licenses, expiry date, and other license-related information.
• See expiring licenses – view the list of licenses which are expiring in 30 days.
• Register device – register device using a PIN code or through admin login.
• Device control – add device to groups or assign devices to staff.
• Manage groups – create groups for the devices and assign devices to each group.
• Manage staff – create a new staff account, assign device to a staff, or edit device permissions.
• See all activities – view the staff activities or generate a report of activities for a specific period.
• See all notifications – view all system and device notification.